Monday, November 29, 2010

Best Record Shop

So Rolling Stone recently released their list of the Top 25 Record Stores in the U.S.
 Here's a link  Top 25

I have actually been fortunate enough to have been to 3 of the shops on this list. One I made a special stop on a vacation to go (Amoeba Music in Hollywood), one is about 4 hours east of me in Louisville ( Ear X-tacy), and the other is in my home town (Goner Records in Memphis). Of course I'm a little miffed that they didn't pick my shop (Braino's Vinyl and Whatnot on etsy.com), but I guess I'll get over it. I'm new to blogging and just thought about the fact that you can't hear the sarcasm in that least statement, but hopefully you picked up on it and don't think I'm a pompous jerk.

So what are the shops in your neck of the woods? Where do go when you want a harder to find album? What are your favorite music shops?

I now live in rural western Kentucky, so there is not too many to choose from, but there is a really nice music/headshop called Terrapin Station in Murray, KY. They have a pretty good selection of used and new vinyl as well as a lot of new and used CDs. They are also really good about special ordering music at no extra charge. Their other merchandise includes posters, music DVDs, some clothing, and books. Check it out if you are ever in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment